he Supreme Court Collegium on Wednesday approved a proposal of the Madras High Court’s Collegium to appoint 10 judicial officers as judges of the Madras High Court.
The SC Collegium had a meeting to this effect today. The judicial officers who have been recommended for elevation are-
- A. Nakkiran,
- Sivagnanam Veerasamy,
- Ilangovan Ganesan,
- Ananthi Subramanian.
- Kannammal Shanmuga Sundaram,
- Sathikumar Sukumara Kurup,
- Murali Shankar Kuppuraju,
- Manjula Ramaraju Nalliah,
- Thamilselvi T. Valayapalayam.
For the appointment of High Court judges, the Collegium comprises the Chief Justice of India S A Bobde, Justices N V Ramana, and Justice Rohinton F Nariman – the first two senior-most judges.